Overview Coventry University
As per The Guardian University Guide 2021, Coventry University is the best modern university in the Midlands. Coventry University is a competitive, internationally focused, and innovative institution of higher education with a long history of outstanding teaching and learning. Coventry city center and the City of London are their two main campuses. Our students benefit from our strong industry relationships while studying in world-class facilities. In 2017, the university received the TEF gold award for outstanding teaching and learning in the country.
What Is Coventry University Famous for?
1. Campus focus on careers:
- Making sure you have good access to placement and job possibilities, as well as all the assistance you need to gain these opportunities, is at the heart of their work.
- Giving you firsthand knowledge of what they expect from applicants and the abilities you’ll need to get graduation employment.
- Campus work with some of the world’s most prestigious companies, several of which have recently hired Coventry students are:-
2. Provide International Opportunities:
- The campus provides a varied selection of job and study opportunities in the UK and abroad, allowing our students to obtain valuable global skills that will set them apart from the crowd.
- In 2018/19, the number of students for whom Coventry University provided international experiences was 5,469.
3. Coventry University’s Teaching Performance:
- It is critical to have excellent training during your academic years. It is crucial to have good experience in order to gain an advantage in the job market, which is why strong teaching performance is so important in the lives of students.
- For their teaching excellence, Coventry University was granted Gold in the Teaching and Excellence Framework with 5 stars (QS stars 2019).
4. Live in a megacity:
- Coventry is the heart of the movement, from transportation to action. For centuries, the city has moved people. Everyone will have the opportunity to participate in their movement through major national events, private interactions, and immersive displays.
- To celebrate the community’s unique culture and diversity, all students and coworkers are planning events, launching programs, and sharing information and history.
5. The student experience is excellent.
- Coventry has grown into a student community, with clubs, activities, and social places created just for students. This city-based campus is ideally positioned in the centre of Coventry, so you can take full advantage of city living after a day of shopping, studying, or sightseeing. Many of your favourite restaurants and shops will be within walking distance.
What Are The Campuses Of Coventry University?
There are total of 6 Campuses of Coventry University in which the city-center site in Coventry is being developed with a 500 million GBP investment, which comprises a scientific and health facility, two new transport research centers, and other amenities.
Coventry provides experiential learning facilities in addition to professional staff and resources within the academic institutions to enhance students’ potential.
There are more than 55 sports clubs and 160 societies in which students can join and participate.
Below are the Campuses of the Coventry University:-
- Coventry University Campus
- Coventry University London
- CU Coventry
- CU London
- CU Scarborough
- Coventry University Wroclaw
At Coventry University many UG and PG courses are available on campus, covering from finance to engineering. It also has a research center, indicating that it is focused on applied research. Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Environment and Computing, Health and Life Sciences, Coventry Business School, and Coventry Law School are the faculties and schools that makeup Coventry University.
Students can pick from a variety of housing options at the University, including University-owned halls of residence, studios, ensuite bedrooms, and halls with communal bathrooms.
Here are the options for undergraduate students and Postgraduate Students who will be joining us in Coventry.
It is a major business school located in the City of London. This University is a part of Europe’s largest provider of business-related degree courses.
In 2010, Coventry University London was opened in the centre of the financial district to ensure that their students keep a competitive edge and gain the greatest possible business experience.
Coventry University London Courses are –
- Accounting And Finance For International Business top-up BA (Hons)
- Financial Economics and Banking BSc (Hons)
- International Finance and Accounting BA (Hons)
- Global Marketing BSc (Hons)
- Adult Nursing (pre-registration) Blended Learning MSc
- Digital Marketing with Data Analytics MSc
- Enterprise and Innovation MSc
- Financial Technology (FinTech) MSc
- Global Healthcare Management and Leadership MBA
- International Human Resource Management MBA
Coventry University London Accommodation –
University has collaborated with two housing providers in London
How to Apply for the Accommodation students will receive an offer of accommodation after they met the academic requirements.
Coventry University London Fees –
There will be an additional fee if you need to continue your studies beyond the time frame of the course (for example, to repeat a year or retake exams). Fees are based on a calendar year and may change from year to year. Students can find here the tuition prices are listed per year by the University.
Coventry University London Scholarship –
University offers EU Member State Transition Bursary financial assistance to their European students who desire to study full-time with them for the school year 2021/22. You may be eligible for this tuition price reduction if you ordinarily reside in the EU and begin your undergraduate or postgraduate taught a course in September 2021, January 2022, or May 2022.
The scholarship will automatically apply to all qualifying EU students, bringing your tuition fees in line with those of UK students.
It is a branch of Coventry University, opened on campus in 2012, and offers full-time and part-time professional courses in accounting, legal studies, and marketing. CU Coventry is a separate entity from the university, having its own personnel and facilities, though the university validates and awards its programs.
The institution’s courses are flexible, which means tuition fees are frequently lower than the maximum £9,250 that universities in the UK can charge for full-time studies.
CU Coventry Courses Types –
CU offers various courses which can meet the student’s needs that are:-
Coventry is one of the top 50 most student-friendly cities in the world. It’s an exciting area to live in, with a diverse range of arts, culture, and tradition, as well as a diverse calendar of events to keep you entertained. Coventry is a warm, pleasant, and safe city, with a cheap cost of living that makes it one of the most affordable places to live for students.
CU Coventry has a variety of close contacts with local student housing businesses that have reserved spots just for CU Coventry students.
International Scholarships –
International students can apply for a variety of scholarships, bursaries, and discounts that can be used to decrease tuition fees and help pay for their studies.
- CU Group Undergraduate Scholarship
This award is worth £5,000 to each successful applicant who enrolls in one of the CU group campuses in Coventry, London, or Scarborough between January and July 2022. This award is only available when you have completed the enrolment process successfully.
If you have a conditional offer for an undergraduate course, CU will immediately consider you for this prize. To be eligible for the grant, you must enroll in one of the intakes between January and July 2022. This prize does not need you to submit a second application.
Furthermore, you must:
- You must be self-sufficient and pay foreign tuition fees.
- Hold a conditional offer for a CU Coventry, CU London, or CU Scarborough undergraduate study.
- Only the undergraduate year one (stage one) submission is eligible for this scholarship.
- You can be a full-time or part-time student, but you must attend classes on campus. Please note that this grant is not available to students pursuing a 100% online degree at Coventry University (CUOL).
In 2017, CU London opened as a new campus in Dagenham, East London, offering a variety of full-time and part-time courses. The campus, which is housed in the former Dagenham Civic Centre, focuses on “high quality, low-cost, career-focused” education that is flexible enough to fit around students’ schedules.
Both CU London sites offer a variety of vocational courses that are taught in a progressive and flexible manner to accommodate the needs of students. CU provides Full -time and Top- Up degrees to the students within two campuses that are:-
1. Dagenham campus courses offered are –
- Applied Biosciences
- Applied Psychology
- Business Management & Leadership
- Cloud Computing
- Computing Science
- Cyber Security
2. Greenwich campus courses offered are –
- Business Management & Leadership
- Energy Management
- Law & Practice
- Tourism & Hospitality Management
CU London can help you find student housing that meets your needs, whether you’re new to the city or just seeking to leave college.
The following purpose-built halls of residence are recommended by Coventry University’s accommodation provider, FutureLets, for CU London students. They’re all within walking distance and in the center of London’s vibrant center.
In 2016, the University inaugurated CU Scarborough in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, as part of a new £45 million development in the town’s Weaponess area. The University made a £12 million contribution to the project. Law, Science, and Engineering are just a few of the subjects covered. A new sports and leisure town, as well as University Technical College (UTC) for 14–18-year-olds, are part of the property.
Courses Types are –
Students can fulfill their requirements by finding the courses which best suit them.
Scarborough has everything you’d expect from a busy, university town by the sea, but the cost of living is far lower than in other areas of the UK – eating out, socializing, and renting a room are all roughly half the price in London.
For a double ensuite room, high-quality student housing can be had with little as £80 per week. Living in student housing during your first year is a fantastic way to meet new people and quickly integrate into university life.
CU Scarborough Sports Scholarships might help you in achieving your athletic and academic objectives. This program provides you with a support system that allows you to handle the demands of both performance athletics and academic education.
Sports Scholarships from CU Scarborough are worth up to £1400 and include a variety of support services*, including
- Screening in advance of the season
- Gym membership
- Performance analysis
- Sports psychology
- Sports nutrition strength and conditioning
- Supporting a healthy lifestyle through workshops, promotional clothes, and a flexible study schedule
At Coventry University Wroclaw, its aim is to provide their students with a career-focused experience that is both academic and targeted to help them advance in their jobs.
Its degrees come from an institution that is ranked 15th in the United Kingdom (Guardian University Guide 2020).
CU Wroclaw strives to keep its class numbers small (fewer than 50 students) so that our students can study at their own speed and participate in career-focused placements without the stress of year-end exams.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate are courses offered by the university and also offer multiple intakes throughout the year to make higher education accessible.
Undergraduate Courses –
- Aviation Management BSc (Hons)
- Business Management & Leadership BA (Hons)
- Cloud Computing BSc (Hons)
- Cyber Security BSc (Hons)
- Digital & Technology Solutions BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Courses –
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Students can see the multiple intakes specific dates in detail through the academic calendar.
What Are The Rankings Of Coventry University?
Coventry University is a vibrant institution that offers our students a high-quality education, as proven by our gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (2017).
|#52nd||University League Table 2022|
|#38th||The Guardian 2022|
|#54||The Complete University Guide 2021|
|#301-500||Graduate Employability Ranking|
|#601-650||World University Rankings|
|#201-250||Young University Rankings by Times Higher Education, 2021|
These rankings will help the students to meet their requirements.
Top Programmes Offered by the Coventry University are:-
Coventry University offers 189 undergraduate programs and 174 postgraduate programs for the calendar year 2021.
|Type of Program||Fee Per Annum (in GBP)|
|M.Sc Software Development||17,900|
|M.Sc Computer Science||17,900|
|M.Sc Data Science and Computational Intelligence||17,900(4000 optional work placement fee)|
|M.A Human Resource Management||17,900|
|M.Sc Mechanical Engineering||16,400|
|B.Sc Computer Science||16,400|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||16,600 (18,950 with professional experience)|
|M.Sc Electrical and Electronic Engineering||17,900|
|B.Sc Information Technology for Business||17,700|
The University’s Summer School programs provide eight courses over the period of two to three weeks, allowing students to gain a variety of important skills. In addition, the university offers 13 different MBA programs.
What Is The Admission Procedure for The Coventry University?
Academic qualifications are taken into account by Coventry University. Students having prior experience, on the other hand, are taken into account by the school. Applicants who show passion, talent, knowledge, and ability to follow the course of their choice may also be considered for admission.
As a result, personal statements and letters of recommendation, in addition to academic qualifications, can play an essential role in the university’s selection process.
Fees: (UG) 20 GBP for single courses, 26 GBP for multiple courses
Requirements for Admission:
- UG: Admission criteria vary by program, but a minimum of 78 percent in the highest four Standard XII subjects is required (excluding Hindi and P.E).
- PG: A minimum of 55 percent to 65 percent is required. The higher education institution attended determines the offers made within this grade range. Work experience is not required.
Other supporting documents
- Academic transcripts
- Degree/diploma certificates
- Academic or professional reference
- SOP to study in the UK
- English proficiency test scores
- Copy of current passport
- Work experience if available or required
- Copy of current passport
- Program-specific requirement
Coventry University Scholarships and Bursaries
The university provides merit-based scholarships to international students from all around the world studying in the United Kingdom. International students are eligible for the following scholarships:
- EU Member State Transition Bursary – Worth £ 1,500
- Churches Together Hardship Fund – Worth £1,000
- Coventry University Sports Scholarships – Worth 1,500 – 3,000 GBP per annum
- Fulbright Aston Martin Coventry University Automotive Award – Worth full tuition fee for the first year
We Provide You The Best Solutions
Our study abroad experts are ready to answer all your queries to overseas education. Please Contact Us Now.
Coventry University Accommodation
It offers accommodation for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Students can stay in both student halls and private accommodations on the institution’s Six campuses.
- Future Lets, Coventry University’s official student accommodation provider, offers a variety of halls and houses to suit students’ needs and budgets.
- On-campus housing leases last 39 to 50 weeks and include free sports and ResLife membership.
- On-campus, rooms are catered to or self-catering and include amenities such as free Wi-Fi, contents insurance, on-site laundry (at an additional fee), common space with Sky TV, CCTV, and 24-hour security, among others.
- On-campus, there are also disabled-accessible rooms.
|Accommodation Type||Costs in GBP|
|The Cycle Works||6,440-8,500|
Alumni of Coventry University
Career Support, Business Support, Alumni Discount, and Social Networking are the benefits available to alumni. Data professionals are the top paid Coventry University & Business School alumni & graduates, with an annual salary of 98,000 GBP.
Notable Alumni are-
- David Borrow – David Borrow studied at Mirfield Grammar School and Lanchester Polytechnic (now Coventry University), where he received an economics degree.From 1997 to 2010, he served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for South Ribble for the Labour Party. He now serves on Preston City Council as a Labour Party councilor. Mayor of Preston on 15 May 2019.
- Aman Bir Singh – is the Managing Director at RASCO an Automotive Systems company that provides engineering design solutions to automotive, mechanical & aerospace manufacturing units. Studied MSc Automotive Engineering (2004-2005) at Coventry
Coventry University Placement Facilities
Recruiting Companies are:-
- The Animation Picture Company
- Royal Jordanian
- Mc Cann
Six months after graduation, 97 percent of Coventry graduates are employed or enrolled in further education. The University offers work experience programs, overseas field trips, and study toward industry qualifications to help students obtain immediate entry to the graduate employment market.
Why Living In Coventry?
Your student experience takes place in Coventry, a lively city with over 50,000 students. The Students’ Union and the several societies on campus contribute to our close-knit, diverse community. The union hosts a series of welcome activities so that students may get to know one another and learn about Coventry through one of the 150 student organizations on offer. It’s simple to see why Coventry is one of the country’s top 5 student cities (QS Best Student Cities index 2021).