UK Visa Extension
Multiple Ways to Extend UK Student Visa
Interested in Extending UK Visa? We Got You Covered!
Student Visa Extension Process
Mandatory Requirements, to extend your visa you must:
Be in the UK on Student Visa or a (General) Student Visa
(i.e. the CAS Letter you received from the university that you are currently/or have completed degree from)
Be accepted with an unconditional Offer & CAS Letter
(known as the ‘Academic Progress Requirement’)
Show that your selected course is at a higher academic level than your current course
*The student must have a Degree Completion Certificate, or a Course Completion letter, or a Final Transcript from British Institute.
When should you apply?
1. You can apply 3 months before your course starts.
2. You must apply before your current visa expires. Your new course must begin with 28 days of your current visa expiring.
For example, if your visa expires on 1 July, you must apply for a new visa before 1 July. Your new course must begin by 29 July.
Interested to Get Admission into New Program & Apply for New Visa?
Explore new opportunities and take the next step towards your global aspirations with Edge International’s admission and visa assistance services.
Guidelines for UK Visa Extension
- For Guideline: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/extend-your-visa
- Health Surcharge Calculator: www.immigration-health-surchange.service.gov.uk/checker/type
- For Application: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/tier-4-student
- Biometric Registration: https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas
- You can apply only within 3 months of the new course start date.
- Visa Fees:
- £ 475 for normal application
- £ 975 for priority – 5 working days
- £ 1275 for super-priority
- Biometric Fees: £ 19.20
UK Student Visa Extention
3 Simple Steps to Complete Current Program & Extend Your UK Student Visa
Just follow the 3 simple steps to complete your current program in the same university and extend your UK student visa.
- A) If you are a student with a Student Visa who has been in the UK for more than 12 months, then you do not need to show required balance and supporting documents, in order to get the CAS Letter.
B) If you are a student with a Student Visa who has been in the UK for less than 12 months, then you will need to show required balance and supporting documents, in order to get the CAS Letter.
- In either of the cases mentioned above, we will fill your application from India and will also submit it online for further processing.
- You will have to complete your Biometric assessment in the UK, on your own, once the entire process has been successfully completed.
For Dependent Candidates
You can apply to extend your dependent’s visa at the same time as you extend your own visa.
- If you are applying as a dependent on the basis of the main applicant, who has been in the UK for 12 months or more, then you do not need to provide any supporting funds during the application.
- If you are applying as a dependent on the basis of the main applicant, who has been in the UK for less than 12 months, then you need to provide supporting funds during the application.
*If you cannot apply at the same time, your partner or child can extend their visas at a later stage – this must be before their current visa expires.
Maintenance Guidelines (For applicants who have been in the UK for less than 12 months)
|Fund Requirements||Months mentioned on CAS( Max 9 Moths) x £1334 (inner London) or £1035 (outer London) + Remaining tuition fees (if any mentioned on CAS)||Similar months as per main applicant x £845 (inner London) or £645 (outer London)|
|Funds||Saving account, Fixed deposit or education loan either in UK or India||It can be in UK or India|
|Fund Holder||It can be on the name of student or parents||Fund can only on name of student or dependant|
|Note||You have to show funds for 28 days no older than 31 days||You have to show funds for 28 days no older than 31 days|
|Charge||£ 000||£ 000|
Multiple Ways to Extend UK Student Visa
More Ways to Extend UK Visa
Westend Consultants UK Ltd.
Mr. Vishang Shah
79, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1BD
+44 (0) 203 411 9608